My photo
My practice encompasses a variety of experimental processes that animate both natural and constructed environments, seeking to form connections between culture, nature and place. I am concerned with how physical, tactile interactions in nature can shape our inner experiences and understanding of the world. I currently live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Continuum





As I was walking along the river contemplating an intervention I noticed a pool of water on the shore in the shape of a flat oval. I decided to reinforce this shape to make it more pronounced and symmetrical by adding stones around it. I also decided that it would be interesting to create a loop by adding an island of stones in the middle. It took me about an hour to pile the stones into the pool because it was over a foot deep in the center. Once i had accomplished this I decided to add stones to the pool directly above to accentuate a circle. I am pleased with the way this piece worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment