My photo
My practice encompasses a variety of experimental processes that animate both natural and constructed environments, seeking to form connections between culture, nature and place. I am concerned with how physical, tactile interactions in nature can shape our inner experiences and understanding of the world. I currently live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Seed, the Tree and the Rain Man




This installation was created for the Ruin and Reclamation exhibition. My body was the template for the figure on the wall which was rubbed on with mud. The tree limb is a clipping from an apple tree and the soil is from the garden in our backyard. I found an abandon chunk of cement in the basement where i was creating the installation and decided to include it. To create continuity and ambiguity I covered the cement chunk with mud. I feel as though I am like a director creating a scene with objects to build narrative and explore relationships. I want this work to reflect the end of one cycle and the beginning of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment