My photo
My practice encompasses a variety of experimental processes that animate both natural and constructed environments, seeking to form connections between culture, nature and place. I am concerned with how physical, tactile interactions in nature can shape our inner experiences and understanding of the world. I currently live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beyond Mesopotamia







I collected driftwood sticks along the shore of this island created by the river. The soft earth allowed me to stand the sticks into the sand and clay. I would weave longer strands of young flexible branches through the driftwood sticks to define the form of a vessel. I decided after some time to include a figure. Applying sand and clay to a stick from a beaver dam I was able to create the head, torso and leg of the body. Additional sticks were used for two arms and the other leg.

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos of your work; not only do you have the eye to work with nature, you can also utilize technology to further your communication.
    Beautiful!
    Sarah Christensen

    ReplyDelete