My photo
My practice encompasses a variety of experimental processes that animate both natural and constructed environments, seeking to form connections between culture, nature and place. I am concerned with how physical, tactile interactions in nature can shape our inner experiences and understanding of the world. I currently live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Crowsnest River Stone Circle




May 18. Working along the Crowsnest river near Lundbreck Falls, Alberta. The river runs high due to mountain run off. I see an opportunity to create an intervention on an outcrop of deposited sediment where there are a variety of coloured stones to choose from. I begin by collecting hazel coloured stones and assemble them into a square. I collect sand coloured stones next and assemble them into a circle and around the hazel coloured stones. I follow that by placing light coloured blues stones on the outside of the circle. The constant sound of the river is calming, there is no wind and the sun is warm. A large group of Kayakers paddle by while I am working. I hear a bird with a beautiful song and a bird that lives along the river flies back and forth just above the waters surface while chirping.

No comments:

Post a Comment