My photo
My practice encompasses a variety of experimental processes that animate both natural and constructed environments, seeking to form connections between culture, nature and place. I am concerned with how physical, tactile interactions in nature can shape our inner experiences and understanding of the world. I currently live and work in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Friday, November 19, 2010

willow, twine, fabric, wood, i-pod, computer speakers

The red cylinder in the center holds speakers and an I-pod which plays the sound of the wind blowing through the trees in the Castle river valley.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice. The 'technological elements' juxtaposed/combined with the 'natural elements' give a tension to the sculpture. We can never come to an understanding of nature that isn't mediated and filtered through "us" and consequently our "culture", so this peice speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete